Liam is our fun-loving son born 22 years ago with Down Syndrome! He loves to swim, travel, make new friends and enjoy all that life has to offer, just like all of us.
Since moving to Northwest Arkansas, just over a year ago, the Down Syndrome Connection of Northwest Arkansas was our first source of support and community. Cindy has since become a member of the Board of Directors and is passionate about doing anything she can to support the organization. DSCNWA's mission is to provide connections among individuals with Down Syndrome and their families in Northwest Arkansas. We also ensure they have access to the support and resources necessary to reach their full potential. We encourage parents, families, friends, medical professionals, business and organizations to work together to build an inclusive community!
Each year families of the DSCNWA gather with friends to take part in the Inclusion Walk. It is the main fundraiser DSCNWA has each year that helps continue to grow programs and services we provide to our local families. The primary objectives of the Inclusion Walk are:
1. Promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome.
2. Raise funds to support our local families (provide education and support family events throughout the year).
3. Enhance the position of the Down Syndrome community, enabling us to positively influence local and national policy and
There are a number of ways that you can be a part of “Liam's League” and provide support:
- Walk with me in the Inclusion Walk on Saturday, October 13th at Arvest Ballpark (Event 10 - 1 pm, Walk at 11:30 am)
- Run in the Respect Run 5K on Saturday, October 13th at Arvest Ballpark (8 am)
- Make an online donation here to my team to support the Inclusion Walk and the DSCNWA
- Contact my mom or dad to purchase a team t-shirt, all proceeds go to DSCNWA
- Tell others about the Inclusion Walk and the great work of the DSCNWA organization
Thank you again for being a part of "Liam's League" & for your support, encouragement & love.
Much love and gratitude,
Liam and the Meza Family
Register for the Inclusion Walk
CLICK HERE to register for the Inclusion Walk on October 13th and to join Liam's League. Even though registration is FREE, registration is required to enjoy the complimentary lunch.