Graham Cracker's Backers
My name is Graham Michael Shaver and I am two and a half years old! Reading books and dancing are two of my favorite things to do. I am a big brother to my 16 month old baby brother, Lincoln and I am showing him all the cool ways to have fun! We really like turning on the Roomba vacuum and chasing it around the house. My new favorite thing to do is to stand at the window and look into the backyard. My cousins, Greyson and Charlotte love to play with me and I think they are the best!
When I was growing inside my Mommy's belly the doctors told her that I would be born with Down Syndrome. I was born nearly four weeks early and I had trouble breathing and had to have help from my doctors and nurses. On day five, I got to take a helicopter ride to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock where I found out that I also have Hirschsprung's Disease. My Dad and Mom lived with me in the hospital and have held my hand through every obstacle. I am one lucky boy because I have a whole group of family members, friends & complete strangers who prayed for me (and continue to) and showered our family with support and love. Thank you for loving me and my family. Please be a part of my team, Graham Cracker's Backers!
Graham Cracker's Backers will be raising money to help fund the Down Syndrome Connection of Northwest Arkansas (DSCNWA). My parents had a ton of questions about my diagnosis after I was born and DSCNWA visited with us and provided resources and support along the way. With their help, and because of many of you, my parents didn't feel so alone and for that, WE ARE GRATEFUL.
There are a number of ways that you can be a part of Graham Cracker's Backers and provide support:
- Click here to order a Graham Cracker's Backers T-shirt! All proceeds go to DSCNWA. Wear your t-shirt on October 13th (or ANY day in October!) and tag us on social media with the hashtags #GrahamCrackersBackers and #SpreadSmoreLove. This is going to be an amazing way for us to feel support on October 13th since the majority of our friends, family and supporters are not local to NWA.
- Make an online donation below to my team to support the Inclusion Walk and the DSCNWA
- Walk with me in the Inclusion Walk on Saturday, October 13th at Arvest Ballpark (Event 10 - 1 pm, Walk at 11:30 am)
- Run in the Respect Run 5K on Saturday, October 13th at Arvest Ballpark (8 am)
- Tell others about the Inclusion Walk and the great work of the DSCNWA organization
October is Down syndrome Awareness month. We hope that you will join us, celebrate the many wonderful qualities & gifts of people with Down syndrome, & walk with us. The Inclusion Walk is the main fundraiser for the Down Syndrome Connection of Northwest Arkansas. We are excited to see Graham WALK for the FIRST TIME this year (who knows...he may run) and celebrate his strength! No matter how you decide to support us, we want to thank you. DSCNWA has made a huge difference for our family & has provided us support in many ways. We hope to see you out there! (Just be sure to register so we know you are coming!)
Thank you again for being a part of Graham Cracker's Backers & for your support, encouragement & love.
Love and kisses,
Register for the Inclusion Walk
CLICK HERE to register for the Inclusion Walk on October 13th and to join Graham Cracker's Backers. Even though registration is FREE, registration is required to enjoy the complimentary lunch.