Bradley is our super sweet, cuddly, stubborn, goofy, spunky, almost 3 year old. He loves playing with and following his sister around and getting his baby brother to giggle. This February, after lots and lots of hard work, he took his first steps! He loves to throw things, especially a ball when someone will throw it back. He has the biggest smile and the most contagious and easy laugh. Bradley is a cuddly bear and loves to give hugs and kisses. He's always dancing to music and trying to sing and loves looking at books. We love him to pieces!
Bradley was born very early one morning and we didn't know he had Down syndrome until later that evening. It was a big shock and we didn't even know where to start. One of the biggest blessings we had was the outreach of the Down syndrome group (Sharing Down Syndrome) in Arizona. We had a lot of questions about Down syndrome and got a heaven-sent visit and new parent packet filled with information and inspiring stories. We were so happy to find the Down Syndrome Connection of NWA (DSCNWA) when we moved here two and half years ago. We hope you will join us in supporting the DSCNWA so they can provide more programs and support for Bradley and the families here.
Danielle joined the DSCNWA Board last year and is very passionate about growing the group here in NWA. All funds raised go to DSCNWA and they use the funds for new parent baskets like the wonderful one we received when Bradley was born and to provide educational and social programs throughout the year.
We're asking you to donate to this great cause although the fun, lunch and family festival at the walk are all free.
There are a number of ways that you can be a part of “Bradley's Bunch” and provide support:
- Walk with me in the Inclusion Walk on Saturday, October 13th at Arvest Ballpark (Event 10-1pm, Walk at 11:30 am) be sure to register!
- If you'd like to wear a Bradley's Bunch shirt that day let Danielle know by September 22nd ($9)
- Run in the Respect Run 5K on Saturday, October 13th at Arvest Ballpark (8 am)
- Make an online donation here to Bradley's team to support the Inclusion Walk and the DSCNWA
- Buy 30 cards for $30 here and 43% of every card box sale goes to Bradley's team to support the DSCNWA.
- Tell others about the Inclusion Walk and the great work of the DSCNWA organization
October is Down syndrome Awareness month. We hope that you will join us, celebrate the many wonderful qualities and gifts of people with Down syndrome and walk with us. The Inclusion Walk is the main fundraiser for the Down Syndrome Connection of Northwest Arkansas.
Register for the Inclusion Walk
CLICK HERE to register for the Inclusion Walk on October 13th and to join Team Bradley. Even though registration is FREE, please register online before coming to the event.