NEW THIS YEAR!
$25 for ages 13 and up and $15 for 2-12 yrs.
- This is a big change from our walks in the past but we are asking each person to register and to encourage others to register to help us grow! With registration each person will receive a Step Up for Down Syndrome logo t-shirt (with a design voted on by our very own members!), KFC lunch, treats, games, crafts, and entertainment. We are asking that each person attending contribute in this way so that we can provide additional support and resources to our members. Your generosity will make a huge difference as we increase community awareness and provide educational opportunities that will shift the narrative. When you really break it down, $80 (for a family of 4) is the cost of a date night with babysitter - donate your date night to DSCNWA and help change the lives of the 300 families blessed by Down syndrome in Northwest Arkansas and the, approximately, 20 babies born with Down syndrome in our very own community each year.
Where does the money go?
- 8 walk registrations funds a new parent basket $160
- 7 walk registrations covers the cost of our website/email maintenance for a month $140
- 14 walk registrations covers the cost of our office/phone/program room use for a month $280
- 108 walk registrations covers the program coordinator for a month- and without Lindsay we'd only be able to bring you 10-12 programs a year. We want to continue with our age specific programming (PALS, STARS, CLUB 3-21, new parent support and educational events).
Everyone will be sporting a walk shirt and it comes with your registration. We are all on the same team and will be able to visually see that this year!
- Be sure to register by 9/11 to get a walk shirt before the walk.
- If you are walking as part of a team, that team name will be on the back of your walk shirt (if you register by 9/11)
- Your shirt is your ticket in. Everyone at the event will need a 2019 Walk t-shirt, volunteer t-shirt, or wrist band (if you registered after 9/11) to participate in the fun.
Bring your tent, tables and chairs! Tailgating in the parking lot this year in the middle of all the fun!
- This year the festivities, entertainment, food and silent auction will take place in the Arvest Ballpark parking lot. Tailgate party time! Teams, families and organizations are encouraged to bring pop-up tents, tables, chairs and to set up a "home base" and enjoy the entertainment and fun that surrounds. See fundraising incentives that could take care of set up for you.
- Note that there is no covered area in the parking lot to protect you from rain or sun.
Team Fundraising Incentives
All teams will have an image and team description on our website to share with family and friends.
In order to be eligible for fundraising incentives you must submit your donations by the fundraising deadline on 9/28 at noon- except picture on scoreboard deadline is 9/25 8pm.
- $250: Teams that raise this amount will have their photo shared during the walk on the giant Arvest scoreboard. DEADLINE FOR THIS IS 9/25 8pm.
- $500: Teams that raise this amount will receive three preferred parking passes for closer access to the event. This level includes everything listed above. (Pick up passes at t-shirt pick up day 9/28 9am-12pm)
- $1000: Teams that raise this amount will be able to drop off a pop-up tent to the DSCNWA office and have it set up by staff on the day of the event. Tents need to be dropped off at DSCNWA office at t-shirt pick up day 9/28 between 9am-12pm. This level includes everything listed above.
- $2500: Teams that raise this amount receive a Walk concierge to bring lunch to your entire team. Provide a positive and stress free day for you and your guests by eliminating the need to wait in line for lunch or worrying about disposing of trash. This level also includes everything listed above.
- $5000: Teams that raise this amount receive two 6-foot tables, 16 chairs, and two pop up tents provided by DSCNWA. All will be ready when your team arrives. This level also includes everything listed above.
Order for $5 by 9/5 when you register.
- Some love the medals, some don't care, and some throw them away the week after the walk. This year we'd rather use those funds for programming.
- If you'd like a medal, we will have our 2019 walk logo on them- see image below and you can order them when you register for the walk.
- You may pick them up on 9/28 with your t-shirt.
T-shirt Pick up Day
Pick up team t-shirts and medals the Saturday before the walk for your team/family and distribute before the walk.
- When? Saturday 9/28 from 9am-noon
- Where? DSCNWA Office- Lobby 1200 W Walnut St Suite 1407G, Rogers, AR 72758
- Your shirt is your ticket into the event so if you don't pick it up 9/28 you will need to pick it up at registration on the morning of the walk.
- TEAM CAPTAINS will pick up t-shirts for all that registered under your team. You will get all team shirts and a list of names that registered under your team.
Fun at the walk
- KFC lunch
- Hot dogs, snow cones, cotton candy, popcorn
- Brock Entertainment
- Character meet and greets
- Fire Truck
- Dunk Tank
- Carnival Games
- Down Syndrome University
- Silent Auction
- Rock Painting
- Wood craft provided by Home Depot
- Craft provided by Crystal Bridges
- Glitter tattoos, face paint
- Cheerleaders from around NWA and Springdale High's Band